Saturday, September 29, 2007

Kenny

Dr. Mitchell has said several times that he believes here at Champion are some of America's finest young people. I think Kenny falls into that category.

Kenny is a freshman here at Champion. He didn't let the fact that he has cerebal palsy keep him from coming. He's been a blessing to me already - he's so quick to smile any time of day.

This past week during OT Survey, Kenny had a seizure in his legs. Later the same day, he had another one. His pain is probably far more intense than anything most of us have ever experienced.

Needless to say, he didn't make it to classes on Thursday, and I believe after resting for a day he's feeling some better. Of course, this is an ongoing thing for him, so please keep him in your prayers.

Here is what convicts me - the morning after his seizures, Kenny was singing and thanking God for his disease. Thanking God. Did ya'll catch that? THANKING God for his cerebal palsy.

"The finest young people in America..."

What a testimony.

1 comment:

RandJ said...

This is a very convicting story. I am always ever taking for granted all the blessings that I have! If only I too could learn to give thanks always for all things!
Thanks, Kenny!