Friday, September 14, 2007

NYWC 2007

WOW! National Youth Workers' Conference was the most amazing conference I have EVER been to. I'm a little overwhelmed by everything I heard and experienced these last three days. I don't know that I've ever been in a meeting where God's presence was more visible.

Bro. Reno Likins preached Wednesday night from the story of Jonathan and David. Only, it wasn't your typical message about friendship. It was called, "A Servant's Love for a Soon Coming King." I never thought before about the specific gifts Jonathan gave to David when their "hearts were knit."

Jonathan gave David everything. And the passage says, "even to his bow." Jonathan was the mighty archer of Israel, yet he gave to David the key of his greatest strength. What a surrendur.

I'm really enjoying Gospel Light Baptist Church. There is SO much music in every service. I mean, at the very least, three or four specials every service. And the Champion Choir is awesome! We just started working on our song for Sunday - "Here I Am." Last Sunday we sang "Empower Me." That is definitely in my top 200 favorites!

Well, I need to type some notes, so I've gotta sign off for now. I'll try to write more later. Hope ya'll have a great day!

No comments: