Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sunday

Last Sunday was amazing! I rode the bus before church, went to Sunday School, played my trumpet in the orchestra, sang in the choir, went to the nursing home after church to play there, got back for lunch, practiced with some others to sing in Gospel Light's Benton Chapel, left for Benton, enjoyed the service there, and then came home around 9:30.

At the end of the day, I looked back and wondered what happened. In the middle of a day FULL of "serving" the Lord, I think I somehow missed the whole point.

When you look at Mark 3:14-15, a passage describing when Christ called His disciples, it lists the reasons He did.

"And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,
And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:"

The first reason is that they should be with Him. It's way to easy to forget that. We can get so caught up in DOing that we neglect to just enjoy Him.

That's one reason I'm so thankful for my prayer partner, and chapel, and devos, and prayer meetings, etc. While it is easy to get busy here, there are also plenty of opportunities to refocus.

God is good!

No comments: