Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Counting Down

Seven days until I'll be home!!! Yes!

Chapel was good today. Bro. Damion DiMedio (an Australian missionary to China) preached about pride. His text was I Tim. 3:2, about a pastor not being a "novice, lest he be lifted up with pride and fall into the condemnation of the devil." Of all the reasons God could've given why not to make a novice a pastor, the one He pointed out was pride. It was a convicting message.

And yesterday in OTS, Bro. Blunkall got to preaching about David. I've always known he was a man after God's own heart, but I always thought that meant David's heart was like God's heart. How about this - David was AFTER God's heart. He wanted to get God's heart. That's what SO many Psalms are about - the longing David had and the time David spent seeking God. Think about that one for a while...

God is good - I am so blessed.

No comments: