Friday, February 1, 2008

English Composition

What My Salvation Means To Me
When I consider what my salvation means to me, many thoughts and feelings arise in my head and heart. I accepted Christ at a young age, and thus was saved from a life of drugs, alcohol, and immorality. Although I never experimented with gross sins, in God’s eyes I was just as wicked as any hardened criminal. Therefore, my salvation means much more to me than just a ticket to Heaven.

Salvation is the miracle that changed me from a servant of Satan to a child of God. Because of my salvation, I have unlimited access to Almighty God. Because I am His child, He pours out undeserved blessings and gives great and precious promises.

While all those things are priceless treasures, they are not what I treasure the most about my salvation. To me, salvation is Jesus. Since beginning college, He has been teaching me to look to Him for everything I need. When difficulties and discouragements come, my first thought is usually to call Dad or find a friend to talk to. However, God has recently been reminding me of His sufficiency. I do not need to look to finite humans for encouragement and fellowship when I have the privilege of talking with Him.

He is my Comforter. I never have to search for words to make Him understand what I am feeling, or why I feel the way I do. He understands my sorrow, because He Himself felt it long before He allowed it to reach me. He is my best and closest Friend. When nobody else understands, and I do not “fit in” with other people, He always accepts and loves me.

Intimate fellowship with Jesus on earth and the promise of His physical presence in Heaven are to me what salvation is all about!

No comments: